Artificial intelligence is a field of study where machines can “think” and make decisions in ways that are somewhat similar to what a human will be able to do, without fixed rules. The use of artificial intelligence can provide enormous benefits in various ways, especially those related to digital data. A.I. can be a tremendous help for office automation.
Categories of A.I.
Oxford Dictionary defines Artificial Intelligence as "the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages."
The term "artificial intelligence" is very broad and includes various types of computer-based machine abilities. Humans do many things in intuitive manner such that we may not recognize our own intelligence in doing "intelligent" tasks versus "simple" tasks that are based on rules.
We can broadly classify A.I. into the following categories:
- image-based recognition/ detection
- voice/ speech recognition
- natural language processing (NLP)
- machine learning
How to use A.I. in office automation
Potential use of A.I. in office automation:
- Identifying processes that can be suited for automation;
- Reading/ interpreting/ classifying data in documents
- Recognizing speech and turning it into text
- Classifying documents according to the logos and letter-heads
- Forecasting demand of goods
- Created on .